Friday, April 30, 2010

Sweet (Potato) Kisses

Because a sweet sticky face is most often the recipient of my kisses.

And while that is true, I am more than a mom. And I was determined to prove this to the blogging world. Determined to be more than another "mommy blogger". Determined to blog not only about my son, but about all aspects of my life.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love being a mom. These past 8 months have been some of the best months of my life. First smiles, quiet coos, baby soft skin, early morning cuddles, late night nursings......and nothing is quite as calming as a baby sleeping soundly on your chest. But, I am more than just a mom.

I'm a follower of Jesus who tries to love her family and friends with the same extravagant love she has been shown. I'm a wife to a hard-working man who puts his faith and family first. I'm an older sister who is blessed to be able to call her siblings friends. I'm a daughter and a grand-daughter. A niece and cousin. I'm a pet owner to the furriest yet sweetest golden around. I'm a choco-holic and a morning coffee addict. I'm a reader who prefers happily-ever-after to what-could-have-been-but-wasn't. I am a silly song writer (ask the husband!) and a wanna-be runner. I'm a beach lover and a green peas hater. I'm a day dreamer and an automatic transmission driver. I'm a blue jean consumer and a flip flop wearer. I'm a (chocolate chip cookie) baker and a hopeful blogger.

And a mom. A mom who decided to stay home. A mom who serves her baby homemade baby food. A mom who chose breast over bottle and cloth over disposable.

Yet, I'm not just a mom. I am mom. Mom to a sweet 8 month old boy who has chubby thighs and ticklish feet. Who takes after his mom in his thoughts towards peas. Who usually has sweet potato on his face and dirt on his shirt (an inevitable when army crawling). Whose toothy smile can light up a room. Mom to Jace.

This is my life. And I wouldn't want my kisses any other way.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! You are also a mom who inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Can you believe how far you've come? And you are about to be a mom x 2! Then you'll be SUPER MOM!

    ReplyDelete